Monday, March 31, 2008

FINAL 9 - PP Picks

We are down to the nine greatest singers in the history of the world. Time to make your Pre-Performance Picks. Rank these contestants 1-9 giving nine points to the person you think is most likely to be voted out and so on and so forth blah blah blah.

This week is Dolly Parton week. That means one of two things. Either all of the contestants will be sporting humongous fake boobs or they will be singing songs from Dolly's fabulous catalogue. I can't wait to see who sings Why'd You Come In Here Looking Like That. They will surely suck.

Well, here are your contestants ...

MICHAEL JOHNS

Supposedly the great Aussie hope gained some ground last week with his power-rock medley. He is still one of my favorites but I still think he can't win because he doesn't "play the game" as well as the others do. I am surprised, however, that he dances in those group numbers - he is participating but I don't think it is helping him any.

BROOKE WHITE
Brooke should be fine as long as she doesn't stand up to sing and wave her yellow gumby arms. Dolly week should be kind to her - but you never know.



JASON CASTRO
First off, I was watching one of our favorite shows, The Soup, this past Friday and they did a whole segment on how it looked like Castro was a pothead. So I am not alone. Also - I saw a clip from MadTV where they interviewed some AI finalists on the red carpet - and they said Jason looked like Travolta in Battlefield Earth. You heard it here first.
Many people think that Jason should be the one to sing I Will Always Love You this week. I agree that his version would sound different - but I think it might make me hurl from the cheesiness.

CARLY SMITHSON
Carly is having a tough time. It doesn't matter that she sings well - she really has to get over those facial expressions and that bouncy dance. There just isn't that interesting thing about her to make people really care. Maybe she should get a tattoo of Archie on her left shoulder to win some favor from the young ones.

KRISTY LEE COOK
Oh Kristy. Surely Dolly sang the national anthem at some point in her career. Maybe there is hope. Make sure to wear your American flag bikini.


DAVID COOK
David has had an interesting week. He supposedly supplanted Archie as the frontrunner while pissing off a lot of rock fans for not giving credit for his covers of covers. If he does the White Stripes' version of Jolene he might just shoot himself in the foot. What will most likely happen is I will end up liking his performance even though I will be trying not to.

RAMIELE MALUBAY
Do you know why lip gloss is still in this competition? Well, the Philippine consulate in New York has been sending out messages to the press asking every Filipino to vote for "the only genuine Amateur competing against seasoned professionals." She sucked again last week but wasn't even in the bottom three. Those Filipinos sure seem racist.

DAVID ARCHULETA
If Dolly has any songs about the world becoming a better place - Archie (or his dad) will probably choose it. I know he supposedly lost his top spot to David Cook, but those 12 year old girls are pretty loyal. All he has to do is sing a song that is appropriate for his age - and they will be melting again.

SYESHA MERCADO
I should care about Syesha more than I do. I think most of America feels that way. It will be a shame when she goes before KKKristy.





22 comments:

Thaddeus Glapp said...

9-Ramiele Malubay
8-Carly Smithson
7-Jason Castro
6-Kristy Lee Cook
5-Syesha Mercado
4-Brooke White
3-David Archuleta
2-Michael Johns
1-David Cook

Man, I hate putting Kristy that high up the list, but I think she's going to have to try pretty hard to screw up Dolly Parton week.

profB said...

Which of Dolly's songs will be age-appropriate for young David? And gee, now we have dueling girl-Sanjayas (a redundancy, perhaps): KKKristy and Lip Gloss. Awesome. This is gonna be a weird week (again):

9- Ramiele [get thee gone!]
8- Jason ('cause I don't think the Dolly catalog offers him much--perhaps he'll surprise)
7- Kristy [man, I'm tired of this whitegirl]
6- Carly (will she pull out a tortured version of I Will Always Love You?)
5- Syesha
4- Michael Johns
3- Archie
2- David Cook
1- Brooke White

Julie Adkison said...

Should I be worried that I agree with EVERYTHING the Commish said above??

09 Ramiele
08 Castro
07 Syesha
06 Carly
05 Kristy
04 Brooke
03 Michael
02 David Cook
01 Archie

Julie Adkison said...

Should I be worried that I agree with EVERYTHING the Commish said above??

09 Ramiele
08 Castro
07 Syesha
06 Carly
05 Kristy
04 Brooke
03 Michael
02 David Cook
01 Archie

Julie Adkison said...

Oops, I don't know how to remove the double post. Sorry!

Amightywin! said...

9-Syesha
8-Carly
7-Ramile
6-Kristy
5-Jason
4-Brooke
3-Michael
2-David
1 Archie

Unknown said...

9 Malubay
8 Kristy Lee Cook
7 Smithson
6 Castro
5 Mercado
4 White
3 Johns
2 David Cook
1 Archuleta

The Dahlgrens said...

9. Syesha
8. Carly
7. Ramielle
6. Kristy
5. Jason
4. Michael
3. Brooke
2. David Cook
1. David A

TJ Smith said...

If Jason is high, I prefer to think he’s high on Christ, that’s all. Those guys on Soup obviously haven’t watched him sing Chris Rice’s “Clumsy” on YouTube like I have. I suppose one could argue that you can be a pothead and sing CCM, but I‘d rather not think about that.

I am having a hard time imagining any of the guys singing Dolly Parton songs. This is going to be interesting. Not to mention Jason again, but he is from Texas and Texans know country music.

9. Syesha (sorry, she’s forgettable, but I do like her baby cry and nice smile)
8. Carly (I think she’ll be the one to go for “Jolene” –the Fatal Attraction version and scare people)
7. Ramiele (can see her doing “9 to 5” –yikes)
6. Kristy
5. David C (please don’t win)
4. Michael
3. Jason
2. Brooke
1. David A

Anonymous said...

At this point, we think that just about anything could happen. This week seems like a complete crap shoot. So with that disclaimer, here art our pix:

9. Ramiele
8. Carly
7. Michael
6. Syesha
5. Kristy
4. David C
3. David A
2. Jason
1. Brooke

Melissa Broadwell said...

It's a sad season for the girls...
9.Ramiele
8.Syesha
7.Kristy
6.Carly
5.Jason
4.Brooke
3.David A.
2.Michael J
1.David C.

The Indiananans said...

9-Kristy Lee Cook
8-Syesha Mercado
7-Ramiele Malubay
6-Jason Castro
5-Michael Johns
4-Brooke White
3-Carly Smithson
2-David Archuleta
1-David Cook

Team Shivers said...

9. Kristy
8. Syesha
7. Ramiele
6. Jason C.
5. Carly
4. Brooke
3. Michael Johns
2. David A.
1. David Cook

Seacrest Out! said...

9-Kristy Lee Cook
8-Ramiele Malubay
7-Jason Castro
6-Syesha Mercado
5-Michael Johns
4-Brooke White
3-Carly Smithson
2-David Archuleta
1-David Cook

Leftcoaster said...

9 - syesha
8 - carly
7 - ramiele
6 - kristy lee
5 - jason
4 - michael
3 - brooke
2 - david a.
1 - david c.

Yo-Yo Dawg said...

9-Ramiele
8-Syesha
7-Jason
6-Kristy Lee
5-Carly
4-Brooke
3-David C.
2-David A.
1-Michael

The PaulaTics said...

9. KKKook
8. Syesha
7. Carly
6. Ramiele
5. Castro
4. Johns
3. Brooke
2. David Cook
1. Archie

R R said...

9 - syesha
8 - carly
7 - ramiele
6 - kristy lee
5 - jason
4 - michael
3 - brooke
2 - david a.
1 - david c.

Team Hasselhoff said...

We swear on our dead last place and on our fear of that special place in hell for AI cheaters that we have not seen one minute of the show!!!

9. Ramiele
8. Kristy
7. Syesha
6. Carly
5. Jason
4. Michael
3. Brooke
2. David Cook
1. David Archuleta

Bessie Moo said...

Oh, crap. Is tonight Tuesday? My hubby is out of town and amidst my mountain of laundry and while putting my dear little ones to bed, I paused to think "What's on TV tonight?" (thinking it was Monday)

I absolutely have not even turned on the TV in the last 5 and a half hours - promise!!!

Anyway, I'll make my picks and leave my fate in the hands of the Commish. Sorry!!!!!

9-Syesha (people just aren't voting for her no matter how good she does)
8-Carly (I agree with the Fatal Attraction comment)
7-Ramiele (days are numbered)
6-Jason Castro (still one of my faves, but can he pull off Dolly?)
5-Kristy Lee Cook (if she would JUST put a little passion in those eyes, this might be a good week for her!!!)
4-Michael Johns (love him)
3-Archie (he's slipping, but still has a darn good voice)
2-David C (ditto on trying not to like him, but do anyway)
1-Brooke (this is her week to get it right - even though I lost respect for her the week she said "It's ok! It's ok!")

Oh, and Mr. Commish? I watch The Soup every week, too. Please accept my picks!!!! [that was me shamelessly kissing up, in case you missed that]

P.S. I predict Brooke White will sing "Here You Come Again". If she doesn't, she needs to!
5-Carly (

R R said...

unreal....

IDOL said...

From Zebra Fight by text message received before show time ...

9. Carly
8. Ramiele
7. Syesha
6. Kristy
5. Castro
4. Brooke
3. Archie
2. Johns
1. Cook