Wednesday, March 19, 2008

SCORES - FINAL 11 - Overmyer hits the road

Yet another surprising night. Amanda is gone.
Let me start by saying that I finally watched the performances yesterday and - man they were awful. Syesha was probably my favorite - finally hitting some of the notes and using her acting skillz. Archie was his normal self. Michael Johns did well and was actually dignified while the judges dissed his performance (if he went later in the evening I think the judges would have liked it much more).

As for the rest of the performances, Mrs. Commish said that the evening should have been titled "The Monsters We Have Created". It felt like we ended up with a bunch of singers who don't know how to handle all of this attention without thinking that they are the center of the universe.

Let's start with Brooke. If you didn't see her performance, that is OK. Just go to the downtown Nashville Library this weekend and watch any marionette show. That is how she moves - arms flailing while shifting weight from one gangly leg to another. I literally had to look away for most of the performance to make it through the song. But even worse than the performance was the way that she wouldn't shut up when the judges were giving her comments. Last night she said, "Its Ok. It was bound to happen." As if to say - "Even the great ones fall sometimes - and I fell - and I am a great one (insert cheesy head-tilting smile)". She needs to watch Michael Johns' reaction. He took it with dignity - which is what he will still have whenever he is voted off of this ridiculously awesome show. I like Brooke - she seems nice - but even the great Doolittle who had the best voice of all never thought about being so arrogant. Listen and learn Ms. White.

David Cook's performance was good, but he was kind of infected with the same bug. Watching him play with and talk about the talk box was like watching a seven year old play Zelda - begging you to watch him beat some high level adversary while talking about how awesome he is at video games. Very self indulgent.

Jason Castro - first un-tuck your shirt. Then stop prancing around the stage making those goofy faces. I couldn't watch that one either.

Chikezie - I felt like I was in Pigeon Forge.

Ramiele - zzzzz

Carly - every week I feel like she is looking more and more like the prosthetic head filled with a bomb that Arnold wears through customs on Total Recall.

Who else am I forgetting? Oh. Kristy Lee Cook. At least she didn't do her bow-legged stance this week. Now I actually feel sorry for her. It looks like she would have rather been voted off than to live another week to have Simon say she was a horrible performer. She looks like she feels guilty whenever she gets to stay and someone better gets voted off. It was the same way with Antonella Barba. After a while we started to think she was a suicide risk. I half-way expected Kristy to turn to the crowd and say "Please stop voting for me. I can't take it anymore." She might just get her wish next week. But at least she has a job on the AI tour for the summer.

That brings us to the scores. I loved seeing all of the configurations on the bonus picks - lots of people taking risks. The problem is that most people didn't think that Amanda was going to get booted. That is what makes this game so great.

With a super come-back, Bessie Moo was the weekly winner. Congratulations.

Seacrest Out and The PaulaTics were able to hold on to the overall lead, but the race got a lot closer. Meanwhile, Team 35 takes the lead in the Top 12 competition.

Here is how the scores are listed:
TEAM NAME / PP Pick / bonus Pick / weekly total

Bessie Moo 10 5 15
The New Last Place 11 3 14
Team35 11 0 11
Fire and Ice 8 1 9
JC 9 0 9
Idolsmith 8 1 9
Badnewz 9 0 9
PaulaTics 8 0 8
Leftcoaster 8 0 8
profB 8 0 8
Seacrest Out 8 0 8
Sanjaya Rocks 8 0 8
Team Hasselhoff 8 0 8
Thaddeus Glapp 7 0 7
Simonsays 7 0 7
The Indiananans 7 0 7
Team Shivers 7 0 7
AMightyWin 7 0 7
Yo Yo Dawg 6 0 6
Zebra Fight 6 0 6

3 comments:

Bessie Moo said...

Six years ago today, I gave birth to my middle child. even that cannot compare to the thrill of learning that I had made an incredible comeback HERE!

I can now hold my head high and breathe a sigh of relief.

Ahhhhhhh.

(Just kidding about this being better than having kids. Kind of.)

Thaddeus Glapp said...

I think people that submit picks after deadline should incur a point penalty.

profB said...

I think people who submit picks after deadline should incur corporal punishment.

As for the show . . . pretty bad. Brooke White was near-awful, as were KKKristy and Ramiele. Man, I don't wanna listen to those [latter] two again. Syesha rebounded nicely, as did Archie. D. Cook did look a bit too smug up there, should'a forgone the vocoder. Not something you get to say everyday.

M. Johns sang better--but listening to that arrangement was like trying to keep up with someone who's speedwalking. Eek. And Carly still bores me. Maybe if her head exploded, that would at least be a change of pace? Buh-bye, Scary Amanda.