Monday, April 21, 2008

FINAL 6 - PP Picks

Time for the Final 6 PP Picks. You know what to do. Rank these contestants 1-6.
The only difference this week will be the MULTIPLIER. Since we are down to the final 6, we will multiply the value of your PP pick by 2. So whoever you give 6 points is really getting 12 and so on. This allows for some more substantial point differences between the picks.

Tonight we will have the greatest party in IdolSchmidol history. Sorry to you folks who can't make it. Let me just say that there will be trivia prizes that will blow your mind.

In honor of GMA week, I will interview each of the following contestants with some question that would be common to the interviews going on right now at the Renaissance Hotel in Nashville between people like ProfB and guys with spiky hair who are wearing girl jeans and scarves in the 70+ degree weather.

BROOKE WHITE
Q: What is your life verse?
A: "Their names were blotted out, and they were not numbered among the people of Christ." - Book of Moroni 6:7 (Book of Mormon)

JASON CASTRO
Q: What is in your car's CD player right now?
A: The weed I was trying to hide from the cops when they pulled me over.


CARLY SMITHSON
Q: So tell us about how you were saved?
A: Well, you see, I thought I was going to be voted out two weeks ago, but my good friend Michael Johns was voted out instead.

DAVID COOK
Q: Tell us about your church.
A: My church is a place called the dressing room. The altar is a mirror where I get to see the great David Cook staring back at me and I immediately start worshiping.

SYESHA MERCADO
Q: How long have you been traveling with the Winans?
A: I have never traveled with them. I am Syesha Mercado from American Idol. And no - I wasn't in Out of Eden or Annointed either. You, Mr. ProfB, are quite racist.

DAVID ARCHULETA
Q: What would you like to hear God say when you get to heaven?
A: Hey David. Your planet is right over here.

23 comments:

Julie Adkison said...

Dying laughing, Commish! And to think we get to experience all of your tomfoolery up close and personal tonight!!

6 Carly (continuing the downward spiral)
5 Syesha (zzzzzzzzz)
4 Brooke (expect somewhat of a comeback)
3 Jason (this is for you Mrs. Idolsmith)
2 David Archuleta
1 David Cook

The Dahlgrens said...

6. Carly
5. Brooke
4. Syesha
3. Jason
2. D Cook
1. D Arch.

profB said...

From GMA. Shoot me:

6. Jason C.
5. Carly
4. Syesha Winans-C. Mullen
3. Brooke
2. David Cook
1. Archuleta

One of my colleagues just caught two of my students cheating on a quiz in my 9:30 class. Am thinking of re-instituting corporal punishment in my classes . . .Grr.

Zebra Fight said...

6. Brooke
5. Carly
4. Syesha
3. Jason
2. David Archuleta
1. David Cook

Zebra Fight said...

I've heard that Carly Smithson is coming to the Schmidol party tonight. Probably just a rumor.

Leftcoaster said...

Is "Shout To The Lord" an andrew lloyd webber song?

6 - Brooke
5 - Syesha
4 - Carly
3 - Jason
2 - David C.
1 - David A.

Thaddeus Glapp said...

6-Jason Castro
5-Syesha Mercado
4-Brooke White
3-Carly Smithson
2-David Cook
1-David Archuleta

I just have a feeling that Brooke and Jason are gonna have a rough time with showtunes. Carly on the other hand ought to be able to bring down the house.

Team Shivers said...

6. Syesha
5. Carly
4. Brooke
3. Jason
2. David C.
1. David A.

Team Shivers said...

6. Syesha
5. Carly
4. Brooke
3. Jason
2. David C.
1. David A.

TJ Smith said...

6-brooke
5-syesha
4-carly
3-david c.
2-jason
1-david archuleta

R R said...

6. Brooke
5. Syesha
4. Carly
3. Jason
2. David Archuleta
1. David Cook

Yo-Yo Dawg said...

6-Brooke
5-Carly
4-Syesha
3-Jason
2- David Arch
1- David Cook

Unknown said...

Far, far away from GMA...

6 Syesha
5 Brooke
4 Jason
3 Carly
2 David C
1 David A

Seacrest Out! said...

6 Syesha
5 Carly
4 Brooke
3 Castro
2 Cook
1Archuletta

Bessie Moo said...

Guys and gals, I am SOOOO bummed but I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it tonight. My little girl - who is turning 8 tomorrow! - is in the school talent show Thursday morning and evening... and we are having a major wardrobe malfunction. Tragedy! Tomorrow I have to be at her school all day and tomorrow night is church... which leaves me tonight only to solve the costume crisis like a good mother would.

I was REALLY looking forward to getting to meet everyone and especially to hear all of the brilliant comments in person. It's not everyday that I get to rub elbows with the Christian industry elite... and ProfB ;-) Just kidding.

Thanks for making me feel totally welcome, though. I truly appreciate it. PLEASE take lots of pictures and make me feel like I was there!!! I want a play by play, so take notes, too! (I don't ask for much...)

Don't do anything I wouldn't do - which will be hard to figure out since you don't know me!

Maybe next year... Until then, here are my picks - made under duress!!!

6-Brooke
5-Syesha
4-Carly
3-David Cook
2-Jason
1-David Archuleta

Anonymous said...

6. Brooke
5. Syesha
4. Carly
3. Jason
2. David Cook
1. David Archuleta

The PaulaTics said...

6. Syesha
5. Carly
4. Brooke
3. Jason
2. Archie
1. Cook

The Indiananans said...

Here's the picks:

6-Brooke White
5-Carly Smithson
4-Syesha Mercado
3-Jason Castro
2-David Archuleta
1-David Cook

P.S. If we were coming to the party, we would dress as Eccentric ("I'm very fiery. I've got fire equaling three men.") and Briana David (the goth opera girl who sang "Phantom of the Opera.") Oh, well.

IDOL said...

For Badnewz
6. Brooke
5. Syesha
4. Jason C
3. Carly
2. Archie
1. Cook

IDOL said...

For Team Hasselhoff ...

6. carly
5. syesha
4. brooke
3. jason
2. david c
1. david a

profB said...

Sensual!!

Thaddeus Glapp said...

Can I just say that I'm a little irritated that I called this week PERFECTLY! And yet, some sort of weird voting madness has overtaken the country and ruined my week!

Amightywin! said...

My picks were:
Syesha -6
Jason-5
Carly-5
Brooke-3
Cook-2
Archie-1