Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BONUS PICKS - BOXING MATCH

Time for the bonus picks. You have 10 points to use. Give the points to the person you think will be voted OFF. Of course, you could split the points to play it safe if you really want.

Although Seacrest Out has a commanding lead - it is mathematically possible for someone else to take the lead after tonight's result. One weird thing is I actually thought I would be picking Archie as an underdog last night. Shows what I know.

Now for some thoughts from last night's show ...

- Was anyone else hoping that they would actually fight each other with those boxing gloves? David Cook looked ready to throw some punches. Archie looked like he was swatting at butterflies. Poor kid. All of the tough photo opportunities where they were supposed to look competitive had Cook looking serious and Gaspy with a smile on his face.

- How was it that I actually enjoyed "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" and didn't fall asleep? Archie really did bring his A game.

- Did anyone else hear Randy say something about this being the year 2007? It isn't, is it?

- As Simonsays said, it was very entertaining to watch Paula turn every song title into a compliment. Cook's first song got "You still haven't found what you're looking for - but we have." She told Archie that the sun is not going to go down on him. I figured that she was going to do it for every song, but they must have edited that part out. In order that you will not be deprived of some of Paula's comments - here they are for the other songs (in my best estimation).

(David Cook sang Dream Big)
"David, you have been dreaming big but this is not a dream anymore. This is reality. And you are a big star. You should be singing 'Reality Big' ."

(Archie sang In This Moment)
"Let me tell you something, Gaspy. In this moment I just peed my pants because of your cuteness."

(David Cook sang The World I Know)
"Well the world I know is crazy about David Cook. The world I know wants to hear your record. The world I know has posters of you on the ceiling so that I can look at you when I lay comatose on the floor from taking all of my 'prescription' meds."

(Archie sang Imagine)
"Imagine? I can imagine. I can imagine just squeezing your cute little cheeks, then hugging you so tight, then wrapping you up with duct tape, then putting you in the trunk of my car, then taking you home, then giving you ice skates, then giving you a phone book, then putting you inside a life-size snow globe, then shaking it up, then watching you ice skate in circles while singing the phone book. Ahh. Heaven."

32 comments:

Thaddeus Glapp said...

10-Archie

I had to watch the dang show on Youtube because the power was out last night...but even on youtube with its crappy quality the winner was pretty obvious.

TJ Smith said...

Help! I am confused. Do we give points to the one we think is the winner? Paging Paulatics...

Also, don't vote for Luke Menard. Not to make you feel bad for making him a possibility, just read that he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma and is in the hospital!

IDOL said...

It always gets confusing this week - but still give the points to the person you think will be "voted off". So Thaddeus' pick above will give him 10 points if Archie does not win.

TJ Smith said...

Will post later but wanted to tell you that in an attempt to keep me from playing Jason Castro tunes, Mr. IdolSmith made a playlist with only Mr.& Mrs.Commish & Zebra Fight songs and has been playing it 24/7! His brainwashing is working because I am listening to it now and haven't even thought about "Travelin Thru" in 15 minutes.

Julie Adkison said...

TJ, you go right ahead flattering the Commish & Co., but I don't think it's going to get you any preferential treatment!! (Is it?)

10 David Cook - but I would buy his record WAY before I'd buy Archie's. Oh well.

It's been fun, everybody! And just remember, after tonight everybody starts with a clean slate. So watch out Seacrest Out!

Thaddeus Glapp said...

BAH! I'm glad I re-read this...I meant to put 10 points on Cook being voted off.

So, correction: 10-Cook

Amightywin! said...

Cooker-10 points

The Dahlgrens said...

So sorry Team 35 but it looks like your pride got the best of you... it really is sad to see such a strong team go down like this.

10- Cook.

Bessie Moo said...

In my opinion, Archie wiped the floor with Cook last night. I hate to say it. However, I think it's time for a surprise upset. Plus, Cook cried.

Was it just me, or did Archie look like he was going to faint after every song?

10-Archie

(I can't win, anyway, so whatever.)

profB said...

9- Archie
1- Cook

Still in London and have seen none of the finale. Bummer. Heading to Bath tomorrow after the students go home. Has been a great trip. And this has been a super-fun season with everyone but Zebra-Bite [obviously!] and stupid point-hogging Seacrest Out. Hope you don't get lost in the Washington state woods, Team Seacrest . . .

Thanks to the Paulatics for making it all happen, keeping it real, and to Team 35 for hosting The Par-tay--and to IdolSmith for burrrritos!

Representin'--

tha Prof

TJ Smith said...

Bessie Moo, if you're going down, we're going with you.

Even though David A. was on top of his game last night, I still think David Cook is going to pull out the win.

Mr. IdolSmith usually takes over at this point and makes me vote his way (he's a really tough guy). BUT tonight, even when it could mean we end up finishing behind Team Hasselhoff, I am taking the reins.

10 Archie

Leftcoaster said...

10 - cookmeister.

R R said...

10 - Archie
He is totally going to put in "time out" when he gets home for not winning one for the family.

TJ Smith said...

I just remembered that we get to see all the others tonight!

Johnsie, Mrs. Commish! Yahoo! Can't wait to see ole Jason, Hallelujah!

Prof B., I know you're excited for to see Ramielle, Amanda and your boy, Chikezie...

And Mr. Commish, you're in luck...David Hernandez was in the Top 12! Yea! Yea! Yea!

Seacrest Out! said...

10 - Archie - they were too over the top telling everyone Archie won...I think the COOK voters were texting as long as they could to ensure he didn't lose.

IDOL said...

paulatics

10 for cookie

Unknown said...

10 cook

Melissa Broadwell said...

10-Cook

Team Hasselhoff said...

idol smith, this is very generous of you. first burritos, and now giving us a shot at second to last!!! You have been good to us. Thank you Commish and Mrs. Commish.. i know you are busy, but you have taught us all about good priorities. Team 35, thank you for giving Mr. Hasselhoff another reason to don his gorilla costume. Now maybe he won't wear it at home for a few weeks.

I have to say that I was caught up in all of it and thought Don't let the sun go down on me was the best song choice of the season. Archie gets to me even though the songs never make it to his face.

10 Cook

love to you all!!!

the Hasselhoffs

Yo-Yo Dawg said...

and the dawgs say. . .

10-Cook

We are sticking with our original gut feeling that we had from auditions so you cant beat that.

The Indiananans said...

Cook-10 points

Team Shivers said...

Cook--10 points

R R said...

i am so smart

Zebra Fight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zebra Fight said...

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Tonight my Tivo for some reason didn't record the finale! The only show it hasn't recorded since I've owned it, and it had to be the durn finale. I say again, NOOOOOOO!

Also, I just heard who won, which makes me want to say NOOOOOO! Because I had a gut feeling that Cook would win, but voted the other way. NOOOOOOOO.

Fun playing with you all this year.

TJ Smith said...

Shoot! I should have been taking the reins this whole season. Then IdolSmith would be giving Seacrest Out a run for its money...Next year! Look out!

So will there be any recaps on all the flashbacks of 80's music or is this it?

Once you recover from your loss, I hopefully look forward to one more entertaining blog to wrap up this most entertaining distraction from all of my many responsibilities.

Julie Adkison said...

Okay, so we get to the part where Seacrest says, "and the winner of American Idol 2008 is David....." and then our DVR had quit recording before he said the last name!!! AAAARRGGGHHHH! So I had to google the winner! We are happy! Our score sucks, but we are happy for Cooky!

TJ Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TJ Smith said...

Hilarious SimonSays!

Just had to say that one of you songwriters need to help Carrie Underwood pick betters songs. Get her back on Jesus and Him taking the wheel..she's slipping into the dark side, got to blaming her wild nights on tequila like all those country singers do. Help her get back on track! Her outfit was like the one Dolly Parton wore, only without the leggings. I did not like her sleazy country rap song. Sure hope no one I know wrote that song...

Seacrest Out! said...

Thanks Commish for putting this all together. Great fun. I think you have my address but if you don't you can bring my trophy and all my prizes to the Washington retreat next month.

Also, will the people from 19 Management contact me for all my interviews or should I send them a note? Do I get one of those Green Ford cars? I need details.


Seacrest Out!

IDOL said...

I did get official picks from Team 35 before the show for ...
10 Archie

TJ Smith said...

Off topic, but wanted to tell someone about one of my new favorite singers.. His name is Brett Dennon. Listen to him! I love his strange voice. Its addicting, so be careful.